September 7, 2009

Drunken Monk

Phew, finally the contract got signed & i will be starting my project in Chicago from this Tuesday. I have a long list of winter clothes on my purchase budget. Austin summer to Chicago winter is an interesting set of combo to deal with. Hope its not brutal. Wondering if there is any concept of acclimatising for winter weather. Even if there is one, i would let insane to deal with it.

This saturday I headed to Bandera with hopes of running at least 30 miles. For multiple reasons i cut it short at 18M. I was not pleased with the way this run turned out for me.

Being totally dissatisfied with Saturday's run, i sms'ed a local pal to run with me on sunday evening on road. I meet him at the start & smell the alcohol, combination of Vodka & Whisky. Hes been drinking for past 2 hours or so. I was shocked. But in same token i was glad he was doing this, both drinking and running. He has been struggling to iron out personal issues whole of this summer making varied set of compromises. Though, i do not have locus standi to comment on certain things thats been shaping, it was evident how it was affecting his running. Today was meant to his day. Though staggering a bit at start he was soaring with a new found freedom. We did nice and easy 15M, in roughly about 2.20 hrs. He was cruising & did not even break a sweat. Hammered all the ups, opened his strides on downhill & of course made sure i was tagging along with him by waiting for me . It was kinda funny that a drunk was pacing me! I am hoping he gets a good "running" winter. Cheers to that.

No comments: