December 6, 2009

Looping Around

Run like Wind 24 Hr
07-Dec-2009

The idea of running in a 1 km loops may sound obnoxious, but for various reasons, this course was a blast. Completely covered with trees, the soft trails were a welcome relief after a weekend of pounding on asphalt. I set off earnestly to get a 100K in a decent time, between 11-12 hrs. At 11 AM, the 6, 12, 24 Hrs set off. We started on our quest to run out time. I was not even sure if the crowd would spread out in a small loop as this but eventually it did. I tagged along with Pete for first ~90 Mins, that pretty much set the tone for next few hours of running. Got some decent clip going until flexor started to hurt. I power hiked 8 miles to see if the pain susbsides. Unfortunately, i kept finding roots which did not help. Eventually, i decided to stop at Mile 43. This is what i believe i clocked, 


  • Mile 26 - Shade over 4 hours
  • 50k - Shade over 5 hours
  • 35M - 6 hours
  • Stopped at 43M - 8 hours

No comments: