This was an iconic song telecast in National Television (Doordarshan) in late 80's. The original version is mellifluous, & upon its release it struck chord in the souls of millions of Indians. It would be correct to say, this is the best national integration song\video in the recent past. Old Version
And here is the latest version of the same song, redone by A.R Rehman, this sounds blasphemous. ARR should know when to stop & what not to change! New Version
Sometime back Olga had nudged me to try yoga. I ventured into first yoga session after more that 4 years. I braved and gave it a try on Monday, & it did not take long to be put to my place. All i can say it was a humbling experience & showed my inadequacy. I went again on Tue to be whacked again. Common sense is hard to find these days! Well, in any case got my first run last evening after two days of laying low. Did 2 5ks (21 & 23 mins), before the PF pain flared again. Left with no choice, i have scheduled appointment with Dr on Tue. I am keen to hear whats he got to say, apart from advising not to run next weekend. Screw that!
Till such time, i am hoping to do walking, isometrics and sauna. 8 more days for the big dance, its gonna be a hoot.
3 comments:
Yoga is a very humbling experience for us runners, isn't it? My own experience is how vulnerable and inadequate I feel when I'm doing it. Maybe, it's a portrayal of how we treat ourselves subconsciously in life?...
LK, I bel, its has more to do with our expectations or "what we expect" than "how we treat" makes us feel inadequate\vulnerable, especially when we don't meet the goals. Man, dont get me started on trials & tribulations of self forgiveness et al. Last 3 months has been epic!
naresh
Boys, chill the adrenaline, yoga is supposed to be calming - and humbling for ALL no matter the level. There is never beginning and never end of either posture, only adjustments for you personally.
As for PF - stop running for now, wear sturdy shoes, eat Vit I and ice-massage 4xday 10 min each.
Post a Comment