September 16, 2013

Training Post RDV 100

My training has been mellow ever since RDV 100 Miler.

Mostly, i attribute this to lack of goal, plus bad flexor. I was planning to run Bear 100 (wanted to sign based on how i feel after RDV 100). It will be a NO-GO for me this year. Do not want to start a race unfit. Plan is to get race fit by mid October, and do a 100 either end October during Halloween or first week of November.

At a high level, objective for next 40 days  is to get race fit, and lose weight.

On 6-Sep I did 3.5 repeats and had to return mid way through my 4th climb. I was struggling to manage the heat, and control the heart rate. Over next 1 month overall goal is to get multiple repeats at Mission peak, and if possible do a 4 repeats under 6 hours. Each way up gets you ~2200 Feet of gain & total distance is ~6 miles.

For now i started my cross training earnestly, here is one such pick of my xtraining!

xtraining!


No comments: