August 5, 2013

3-AUG-13 San Francisco 50M

This will be the last week/last chance for me to get long run before my 100M on 17-Aug. My training has been far from consistent, way off from my plan - struggled half of Jun with severe case of allergies, and Jul was donated to Rib fracture/strain. Still feel the faint strain of pain, especially while doing core/speed workout.

I had run this course few years back, and its quite an inspiration. I  signed up this race purely for the trail, views and to get as much time as possible on my feet. The course offers you spectacular views of bay with lot of single tracks, and about 10000 ft of climb.

50M Runners get to do 2 loops of 25 miles to get the finishers buckle. There was 100M distance as well. Check out the race website for the other distances/races offered by the Coastal Trail Runs.

Had a decent first loop 5hrs 15 mins, and hammered all the down hills from mile 25 to 42, to get quads working. Was totally psyched with the response until my legs went dead with 8 miles left. Totally no response whatsoever. Completed in 12.18 Hrs.Check out the RESULTS here.

Recovery - There is little bit of soreness/fatigue on hamstrings, but overall feels good

Looking forward to the 100 M in two weeks time. I have plans to dedicate this race to a philanthropic cause, and would love to raise funds towards kids education. I will publish more details as i finalize things with the NGO.




No comments: