March 23, 2009

SXSW, Blisters & getting ready to travel

I had reserved this weekend for music, drinking binge and indulgence. If i recall right, its about 4 months since i had been to 6th street. Had real good time checking SXSW on Fri & Sat night. Out of whatever little i checked, i liked Sam Roberts the most. Loads of energy.

Currently, i am planning my trip to San Jose on business. I will be gone for about a month from Austin. Having spent so much time on drinking & getting sober, i forgot about the race and the packing i need to do. Now i am scampering. You get different sorta high when you do the things at the eleventh hour.

Talking about the race, so far i am okay about running a short loop about 5+ miles for 100 miles. It is relatively a flat course. I am hoping to draw the energy & inspiration from the beauty of the place. I will try to Meditate on the Move. Most of the runs, training\races, i run by myself. I have gotten used to it. This way, i have time to introspect and ponder over certain issues that are close to my heart. As a result, i tend to wear out real fast. That is fine by me. Eventually, one day, i will get clarity on certain things. Until then i will pursue.

For now, only thing that is bothering me is two large blisters on my foot. I have shot a note to my running buddies to get some guidance. But for that, i believe i am ready.

1 comment:

johntsharp said...

Hey bro, on the bilsters. Lance them and fill them up with super glue. It works trust me!